I liked the broadwalk (not boardwalk) area in Hollywood FL, more so than the one in Fort Lauderdale:
- It’s wide, with a marked “wheels” lane (bicycles, rollerbladers, baby carriages etc. – just not skateboards)
- Clean; lots of garbage cans (inside large clay pots) on the broadwalk and beach
- Happy hour on the boardwalk with a view on the sand and water (with breezes)
- Varying landscape; besides the broadwalk, the walking/cycling trail continues through parks, behind some houses (historical and otherwise), with frequent parking and beach access
- Unfortunately, a fair number of empty storefronts
And yes, it was hot and humid even at the end of September!