Though I don’t see Key West not the highway leading there.
Looking good forward to even better views in French Polynesia this fall!
I believe this idea Cuba’s northern coast:
Breakfast CLE – FLL, a sausage egg mcmuffin type of sandwich, which tasted good though I’m sure it’s not healthy
Lunch FLL – DEN, acceptable chicken
Dinner DEN – SEA, tasty chicken soup with a sparse but healthy shrimp salad
To maximize miles, plus have dinner with my friend Thomas on Maui before a redeye back.
That’s YYZ-CLE-FLL-DEN-SEA, then SEA-SFO-OGG-SFO-ORD-YYZ, currently with 5 of those 9 flights upgraded (some complimentary, some using one of my upgrades).
So in Miami I saw more metered mini-spaces for motorcycles and scooters (also in San Diego, fyi) as well as this sign on a bicycle rack warning against towing of scooters
I liked the broadwalk (not boardwalk) area in Hollywood FL, more so than the one in Fort Lauderdale:
- It’s wide, with a marked “wheels” lane (bicycles, rollerbladers, baby carriages etc. – just not skateboards)
- Clean; lots of garbage cans (inside large clay pots) on the broadwalk and beach
- Happy hour on the boardwalk with a view on the sand and water (with breezes)
- Varying landscape; besides the broadwalk, the walking/cycling trail continues through parks, behind some houses (historical and otherwise), with frequent parking and beach access
- Unfortunately, a fair number of empty storefronts
And yes, it was hot and humid even at the end of September!